The first-ever all-women’s camping and motorcycle festival is being held at the Sturgis Buffalo Chip during the 77th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally from August 4–7, 2017 in South Dakota.
Women riders from all over are invited to attend the Wild Gypsy Tour, a women-only event featuring live entertainment, private campgrounds, exclusive moto-related classes taught by industry experts, all women-led group rides to the famous landmarks in that region, and various activities including shooting guns on the range and racing on the flat track.
“It’s a private party at the world’s largest party,” says Leticia Cline, one of the founders for The Wild Gypsy Tour. “It’s also unique in that this is the first event of its kind for the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. We’re creating history for women and the motorcycling community by bringing in a revival of new faces to this well-established event.”
Festivities with admission include:
• Private camping in the Patriots Pavilion accessible only to WGT (Wild Gypsy Tour) guest
• Access to the racetracks (1/8-mile flat track, and drag strip)
• Admission to AFT Pro Flat Track race
• Nightly concerts from headlining bands including Doobie Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Shinedown at the Chip’s main stage and private concerts at the 100-year-old barn inside the WGT section to be announced soon
• Group rides through the Black Hills, Badlands, Custer State Park, Crazy Horse, Spearfish Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, Deadwood, and Devils Tower
• Industry-led classes (Flat track, Basic Motorcycle Maintenance, Pinstriping, Welding and Stunt Riding); classes led by Motorcycle Mechanics Institute (MMI) Harley Graduate Kristen Lassen (@ladylassen), Harley Hooligan Racer Leticia Cline (@leticiacline), Vintage Board Track Racer and Sons of Speed Race Winner Britney Olsen (@20thcenturyracing), Stunt Rider Christina Billings (@christinaleebillings) and more announced weekly
• VIP gypsy glamping tent lounge
• Bazaar that includes vendors, various side shows, tarot and palm readings, and other activities
Pre-sale tickets go on sale March 27 at a discounted rate of $325. After May 31, ticket prices are $450; at the door they are $600. All pre-sale attendees will have the exclusive privilege to register for classes, get a VIP swag bag, and be automatically registered for the WGT VIP guided ride through the Black Hills shot by WGT official ride videographer Preston Burroughs and photographer Staci Wilt.
For more details, including vendor and sponsor information, and to register, visit TheWildGypsyTour.com.