$295 Retail | Overall rating: 4.5
For two weeks I used the Lauren Sport bag on every ride (almost daily) and have been pleased with the overall quality and durability of the backpack. You can tell it was designed by a woman rider who knows the struggles of finding gear/accessories for women riders!
Versatility is my favorite thing about the Lauren Sport, because a rider’s situation can vary so vastly and quickly! The fact that you can quickly change the bag from backpack to tote and vice versa is great and you would never know by just looking at it. Other features I like are:
- Lightweight, well constructed, and stylish. It puts my old bag to shame.
- Zipper and seams are strong.
- Reflective silver panels on the sport backpack are very visible at night.
- Adjustable straps when you wear it as a backpack. If you’re tall, short, or have broad shoulders like me, you can adjust the straps to your needs. There’s also a strap that goes across your chest and another that goes across your waist.
- Light inside the bag is genius! There have been plenty of times on the road and/or camping where I was digging through my bag for something when I didn’t have much lighting. I am a bit worried about tearing the wire, but battery replacement is a breeze. Just unscrew the cover and replace, just like a watch battery.
Is it Right for Longer Trips?
While the bag overall has some incredible features, for my lifestyle it would be a better used as a day trip bag. On longer trips, I personally have too much to carry unless it could attach to a sissy bar. For instance:
- Based on my Texas riding experience, weather can change very quickly and drastically. I always put my not-very-small rain suit in my backpack. Packed with my rain suit and essentials, such as wallet, phone, keys, etc., the Lauren bag is at capacity.
- Because I ride to various outdoor activities such as swimming and camping, I need a bigger backpack (sissy bar or luggage rack would come in handy).
- The bag is weatherproof but not waterproof. While you can close the top part of the bag with strong magnets, water can still get in. I have had too many situations where a “water-resistant” bag was not up to par in driving rain. No worries, though, a dust/rain fly is available as an option for $18.
4.5 Out of 5
For the versatility, stylish style and quality, I gave the Lauren Sport Bag a 4.5 for a day trip bag. My suggestion would be to spend the extra $18 for the dust/rain fly.
Specs at a Glance
Materials:Made from durable, lightweight polyester. Bottom reinforced with 1,000 denier polyester. 100% leather quilting and shoulder straps. Corrosion-resistant YKKzippers. Water-resistant signature moto lining protects against spills and stains.
Strap Drop: 14 inches (35.6 cm)
Colors:Gray with red zippers/gray with pink zippers/gray with orange zippers/gray with yellow zippers
Volume: 15 liters (915 cubic inches)
Dimensions: 16 inches (H) x 12.5 inches (W) x 5 inches (D)
Weight:3.4 pounds (1.5 kg)
Go to MotoChicGear.com for ordering info.