After reviewing more than 550 submissions to its Ride On! Write On! contest, the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) has selected the top 10 semi-finalist slogans. The public is invited to vote online at MSF-USA.org to determine the winning slogan. Votes will be accepted until 6:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on October 15, 2009. One vote per person. See website for details.
Top Ten Semi-Finalist Slogans
1. Real Divas Ride Smart
2. New Rider, New Skills, New Confidence, New Friends, New Woman
3. A good foundation isnt just for your face
4. Save a marriage, let a professional teach you to ride. MSF saving marriages since 1973.
5. Mom taught me about life … MSF taught me about riding
6. Your curves look better when trained. Take an MSF class!
7. Unleash your Inner Biker Chic! Take A MSF Course Today!
8. Women on motorcycles are positive female “roll” models. Strike a pose!
9. MSF RiderCourse, a womens ignition to confidence, independence and inspiration
10. Female motorcycling – The essence of independence! Learn how at www.msf-usa.org
“Weve had tremendous response to our contest; some funny, some inspiring, some a little sexist, some serious, and one or two we had to disqualify,” said Dr. Sherry Williams, director, quality assurance and research. “It wasnt easy to select just 10 semi-finalists. Riders, and particularly women riders, are very passionate about taking their first MSF RiderCourse, and that passion definitely shows in these clever, creative slogans. Now its up to the public to determine the final top three winners. Well look forward to using these slogans to inspire more women to discover the fun and adventure of motorcycling.”
The goal of the contest is to generate a slogan that will be used primarily for womens shirts, as well as other items the MSF may choose to make available for sale. The message should reflect how essential it is to get started in motorcycling the right way – by taking the MSF RiderCourse – and how uplifting that accomplishment can be.
The top three winners will receive gift certificate prizes from Whitehorse Gear: 1st Place is $599, 2nd Place is $400 and 3rd Place is $300. Winners will be announced on or after October 16, 2009. Rules and restrictions apply. See the MSF website for details.
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation promotes rider safety through rider training systems, operator licensing tests and public information programs. The MSF works with the federal government, state agencies, the military, and others to offer training for all skill levels so riders can enjoy a lifetime of safe, responsible motorcycling. Standards established by the MSF have been internationally recognized since 1973.
The MSF is a not-for-profit organization sponsored by BMW, BRP, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Piaggio, Suzuki, Triumph, Victory and Yamaha. For RiderCourseSM locations, call 800.446-9227 or visit MSF-USA.org.